I'm not great at keeping this thing up to date. When you don't write anything for a long time you feel like you have so much that you should or could write and so you don't end up writing anything! At least, that's how I operate. So today's will be superficial but I'll get back into the swing shortly here...
We had a church picnic recently at a nearby ski center. There wasn't enough snow for skiing so the t-bars and such were not open but the place was packed. People were having fires and barbecues all over the place. There was sledding galore but I spotted only one plastic sled,

the rest were wooden (like this one in the picture that these guys rented) or the plastic bag variety (our sled of choice in the shot below with the Turkish pastor's wife behind me and a Ukrainian friend in front.).

Also available, donkey and horse rides. The small 'lodge' was heated by a log stove and we ate lentil soup and kebab.

Yep, a far cry from Lake Louise, super fun day though!
No comments:
Post a Comment