So this morning I had a fabulous ride on the train...
Frequently, my morning train ride is not the most pleasant experience...cars crammed full of people, the windows may or may not be open (people have a general theory here that most illnesses are due to 'drafts') and generally I'm surrounded by what I can only describe as that 'morning smell'...the smell of someone before they've brushed their teeth or the way a tent might smell after a bunch of young guys who'd been hiking all day have slept in it...I have come to rather loathe that smell.
But today, today it was glorious!...The window was open near me and as it had rained last night, that wonderful fresh after the rain smell was blowing across my face, one of the guys near me smelled of Old Spice, the woman standing directly in front of me had the just showered smell, no one had overdone their cologne or perfume, and-most importantly-there was no hint whatsoever of the 'morning smell'.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Amy! It's good to have you back online :) I know what you mean about that morning smell... try combining that smell with a chicken or two... and people here think sickness comes from drafts too! Funny that.
Post a Comment