A new big fridge would be expensive, really expensive; a used one from the market would be a bit sketchy, the best option was hopefully to get one from one of the tons of foreigners constantly leaving Istanbul to go to other parts or to go home.
I let my desire for a fridge be known and then a couple in my small group called to say they'd been to the home of this girl who was planning to go home to Korea soon. They said she had an older, medium-sized fridge (with freezer) and was asking only 20 American. That's a phenomenal price here, so I called right away. We chatted for a bit and as we did, we sooon discovered that not only did she use to live in the same neighbourhood as me, she actually lived in the very same apartment! She knows one of my roommates well. As soon as she heard that, she said we could just take the fridge for free! I love it, a fridge with a freezer, right when we need it and for the best possible price:) God is definitely in the details.
So now we just need to find a way to transport it...that's for another blog...
Below I threw in some photos, just because people always seem to want to see photos.
This is the view from my new living room. If you look carefully between the buildings you can see the ocean! Yep, ocean view.
And this is the view from my bedroom. Apartments for miles and miles all around except for this little field right next to ours. They grow hormone free veggies here. I am awoken by a rooster at around 5 or 6ish, often before the call to prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment