While I'm not particularly a jazz fan, I had a fabulous evening. The pianist (Jens Thomas, German) was outstanding! He used almost every part of the piano to make music, even singing into it with the chords vibrating back. Sometimes he'd be playing a melody on the keys with one hand, plucking the strings inside the piano with the other and then scatting away with his amazing voice. It was unique for sure, but didn't qualify as weird in my mind as the music he made was beautiful. Talented guy, well worth seeing.This short intro. concert was followed by cocktails with the artist. We had wine, real cheese (Turkish variety is ever so limited) and crackers, plus hors d'oeuvres of various kinds served to us by waiters in white shirts while we mingled and chatted. And the whole thing was free! Trying to figure that one out...promotional I guess.
Nice change of pace from the usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment